Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lumbo Race Report

Wow, great day, great course. I liked the three lap format better than four. More of an 'out there' kinda feeling. And a foray into doing self-support at a commercial event.

Started with the customary 200oz, too much food and waaay too hard. :) It was a blast keeping speed through the rolling sections and chatting with people but alarms were going off all over. All my water blown out by 50 miles in, I took a 10 minute break to eat some solid chow, suck down 75% of my soda and as much water as I could. But at that point the damage was done. Resorted to 'forward movement' mode the rest of the ride.

Well, this is still a learning process. What's up next? Breck might make a nice long weekend road trip. But fully supported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home